TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read document in its entirety and sign below. In signing you agree to the document material completely as a whole and not segments. Please note this document goes along with the different Program Sponsor Terms and Conditions Policy
- Provide proof (Student Status Letter) that you are a current full-time registered student attending classes at an accredited University/College doing a minimum of 12 credits per semester.
- If you have been issued a J1 Visa and travelled on Visa Three (3 times previously) then you are not eligible with IRSS Inc. Ltd.
- Understand this program is a cultural exchange program which facilitates learning new cultures while gaining on the job work experience
- Know that fees should be paid by stipulated dates highlighted in marketing documents
- ONLY applicants who have provided all required documents will be considered registered with IRSS
- Students who are pregnant are not allowed to participate in the cultural exchange program
- Jobs include working on weekends (i.e. Friday, Saturday and Sunday) Anytime between 7am – 7pm. Students must be able to wear Pants/slacks and/or Shorts to work as a part of uniform.
- Applicants should understand that they must bring enough money to the USA to cover food, transportation, and other personal expenses for a minimum period of up to three weeks. This should be at least $800.00 – 900.00 USD
- Registration fee is non refundable
- Ensure you make payments to the correct bank accounts
- Proof of ALL payments to IRSS done via bank transfer should be taken into office in a timely manner
- Any monies paid or transferred to any other account other than NCB #:211119896, NCB #:214238586 or BNS #:929598 will not be honoured by IRSS
- Payment of fees does not solely guarantee placement overseas
- IRSS does not guarantee J1 Visa and each applicant will be required to attend an interview at the US EMBASSY
- To be eligible for Job selection you must select Full Placement upon registration and pay at least $750USD and attend a Mandatory Virtual Orientation session
- To attend a Virtual Job Fair at least 75% of program fee ($1,238USD) is required to be paid the latest 2 weeks before the event. Failure to do so will lead to the removal of assigned Job. IRSS has the right to replace applicant and re assign Job. Affected student will then have to choose from Job Pool or await new Job listing and balance paid before first deadline
- Self-Placement registration deadline is in marketing email and must be adhered to. To be considered a slot at least 75% of program fee ($975USD) is required to be paid and a Job offer submitted, and balance paid before first deadline
- If participant change from self-placement to full placement program fee difference should be paid before processing can begin
- Full Placement Program fee $1,650USD deadline is January 20, 2023. However, a penalty of $100USD will be applicable becoming $1,750USD after January 20, 2023 but before March 17, 2023. Once March 17, 2023 deadline is missed, program is automatically discontinued.
- Self-Placement Program fee $1,300USD deadline is December 15, 2022. However, a penalty of $100USD will be applicable becoming $1,400USD after December 15, 2022 but before January 3, 2023. Once January 3, 2023, deadline is missed, program is automatically discontinued.
- USD Bank Draft from any Financial Institution you have a bank account with. After receiving Draft, it can be lodged to either IRSS USD NCB or IRSS USD BNS account.
- USD Managers Cheque from any Financial Institution you have a bank account with.
- Transfer funds from your personal NCB Account to IRSS NCB USD Account either in branch or online.
- Transfer funds from your personal BNS Account to IRSS BNS USD Account either in branch or online
- For USD Bank Draft or Managers cheque payment approval will take between 5-7 Business days after delivered to any of IRSS offices.
- If any cheque lodged is returned to IRSS. In addition to the bank charges there will be an additional $100usd fee applied.
- If by error lodgement of USD CASH is made to either IRSS NCB or BNS USD account, there will be a 5% penalty based on the amount paid and deducted from payment balance on personal IRSS online account.
- If program or Sevis fees are paid to IRSS NCB local Account: 211119896 in error, then the conversion rate will be at a penalty of 5 points above prevailing rate on day of conversion
Job Fair & Placement
- Students who attend Virtual Job Fair and accepts the position is required to keep that position unless there are changes by the employer or program sponsor.
- Students who accept job at Virtual Job Fair will be required to complete fees by first deadline or else cancellation policy will come into place.
- Self-Placement students must complete program fee by first payment deadline as well as submit all relevant paperwork by IRSS advertised deadline or else cancellation policy will come into place.
- Placement is between May – September and you are required to work as per signed job contract with employer.
- Students are required to attend a physical or virtual Orientation before departure from home country (MANDATORY).
- Cancellation will only be done if request is made in writing and emailed to IRSS.
- DS2019 form must be submitted to IRSS immediately after visa denial to be eligible for refund.
- See Sponsor Cancellation Policy Below:
UWT Refund Policy
- PROGRAM CANCELLATION/WITHDRAWAL (DS2019 form not issued): In the event of a program cancellation/withdrawal where DS form is not issued, UWT will refund the total fees paid by that participant less a $125.00 fee. PLUS $75.00 (IRSS fee). TOTAL DEDUCTION $200.00
- PROGRAM CANCELLATION/WITHDRAWAL/VISA DENIAL (DS2019 form issued): In the event of a program cancellation/withdrawal where DS form is issued, UWT will refund the total fees paid by that participant less a $125.00 fee and the $35.00 SEVIS Fee. PLUS $125.00 (IRSS fee). TOTAL DEDUCTION $285.00
- PROGRAM CANCELLATION/WITHDRAWAL (J-1 visa issued): In the event of a program cancellation/withdrawal prior to arrival where participant has already received a J-1 visa, UWT will refund the total fees paid by that participant less a $250.00 cancellation fee. PLUS $0.00 (IRSS fee). TOTAL DEDUCTION $250.00
- PROGRAM CANCELLATION DUE TO UNFORSEEN EVENT(S): In the event that the J-1 SWT Program of a participant(s) is cancelled due to a cause outside of the control of United Work and Travel, UWT will refund the total fees paid by that participant, less a $250.00 fee, once a DS2019 form has been issued. These events may include, but are not limited to, an act of war, act of god, act of government, pandemics, epidemics, embassy closures, etc. PLUS $0.00 (IRSS fee). TOTAL DEDUCTION $250.00
- PROGRAM SHUTDOWN: In the event that the J-1 SWT Program of a participant(s) is cancelled after the participant’s arrival to the USA, due to a cause outside of the control of United Work and Travel, there will be no program refund. These events could include, but are not limited to, an act of war, act of god, act of government, pandemics, epidemics, embassy closures, etc.
CIEE Refund Policy
- Cancellation Fees If an application is cancelled prior to DS-2019 printing no cancellation fee is charged. PLUS $200.00 (IRSS fee). TOTAL DEDUCTION $200.00
- Representative will be charged a 150 USD Standard Cancellation Fee for all cancellations occurring after a DS-2019 has been printed. PLUS $50.00 (IRSS fee). TOTAL DEDUCTION $200.00
- However, if the application is cancelled because of the local consulate’s refusal to grant a visa the Visa Cancellation Fee of 100 USD will be charged along with 35 USD SEVIS provided that PLUS $150.00 (IRSS fee). TOTAL DEDUCTION $285.00
Representative provides CIEE with acceptable evidence of visa refusal. All cancellations must be received by CIEE prior to the DS-2019 start date on the DS-2019 form.
No refunds will be granted after the program start date. The US government SEVIS fee of 35 USD is non-refundable and will be charged in addition to the Standard Cancellation and Visa Cancellation Fees.
If, once in the United States, a participant has to return to his or her home country due to a COVID-19 emergency as determined by an official decision of the local government, U.S. government, or any official authority, CIEE will continue to provide a high level of support to our in-country participants; however, there will be no reimbursement of fees.
Refunds will be made 30 working days after cancellation or visa denial request.
Maximum deducted refunded amount cannot exceed 25% of funds received from participants.
Applicant’s Signature Date (DD/MM/YYYY)
Reviewed By (Official Use) Date (DD/MM/YY)